Tuesday, February 22, 2011

So, wireless internet...

OK, So, I was going to get Comcast internet today. Woo on that....I thought.

bought the Comcast startup kit and a wireless router, expecting to do everything myself and not have to deal with anymore Comcast BS.

Found out I forgot to get a modem. So, I can loan one through comcast and not worry about anything, right? Right.

Returned the wireless router. My brother had an extra one, so I could just use that one.

Go down to Comcast to grab a modem. Had to sign up there and pay money for someone to come and do their little Comcast BS thing. Grr..

Cut to today. They wake my ass up to tell me their own their way. FFFUUUUUU-

Two minutes later, there's a knock on the apartment door. Yep, Comcast...with TWO people? One must be a trainee. Tell me to go ahead and set things up in the apartment while they check stuff out..Guess it was to grab the modem and such.

WEEELLL, After I open everything up and start hooking up the coaxial cables, they come back. Tell me they CAN'T HOOK UP internet because I'm with Dish Network.

WHAT.
THE.
FUCK?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

*sigh* So, I can't have comcast internet. Oh, and that starter pack I got at Best Buy? Yep, don't think I can return that now. Why? Well, besides it being open now, I LEFT THE RECEIPT AT BEST BUY WHEN I RETURNED THE FRAKKIN' WIRELESS ROUTRER.

Lesson learned. Never leave a receipt.

However, the silver lining here is that I got the internet fixed with my apartment. So, I can use free internet now. It's about T1/DSL speed, so not the best but it'll do.

Hell, I was playing Everquest on a fucking 3G wifi card. I think T1 will be fine. ^_^

No comments:

Post a Comment