Wednesday, February 9, 2011

MMMMMMMMMMMetal!

So, I'm still Wactching BSG, but in the meantime I'm adding a HELL of a lot of bands to my computer...because, ya know, one can never have too much Metal.

So, in the past couple days, I've got new material from:
Serenity
Iron Mask
Dream Evil
Mob Rules
Voyager
Haken
Labyrinth
and Krypteria.

O.M.G. these bands are soooo awesome. I've added them all to my iPod within minutes of hearing the FIRST song. I usually listen to an entire album through (As I've done with them all), but within minutes they all just scream power and epicness that they HAD to go on my iPod!

But my personal fav from all those would have to be Voyager. The epic space trance mixed with metal combo is something very close to PM5K, but almost better than them. It's that style I've been longing to hear since I first heard Star One way back in the day. It's a style I've been trying so hard to find to open up my mind to sci-fi metal, and I'm so glad I decided to check them out.

Oh, and a lot of those bands are going to be at ProgPower this year, as well. And you know who's going?

THIS GUY!

Sure, it's like 130 dollars, but the setlist is TOTALLY worth it. And (hopefully) I'll be using it as a "write off" for my band and giving out either EPs and/OR CD samples to the attendees in attempt for more fans and gigs.

By September, we should have a lot done....Hopefully? God, I hope so! We got enough licks now, that I think we can totally get at least five songs done by then!

(Personally, I want three and promo pics done by the end of March so we can get some fucking air play and profit from some of the local and regional radio stations).

OOOOOH, And I have solar energy in my apartment too! Whenever I get a better position for the panel, I'll take a pic for you all to see how cool it looks on my ceiling!

But, that's all for now. It's supposed to snow bigtime tonight, so I gotta make sure I'm well rested for going to work tomorrow.....*sigh*

Even during snow storms I have to drive my lazy-ass to work. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment